Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOSDrgster, Rest in peace

Vehicle
    91 240sx Hatchback
    Man I just checked in after a while not being here. I regret not having met Ron in person. The advise, guidance, and spirit he brought to NWN was nothing less than spectacular. He will be missed here. Luckily for us much of his wisdom and character live on in the folks that he helped.

Vehicle
    89 S13 coupe, 07 Altima
    He always made time to help a member in need, my condolences. Truly a sad day for our community, he will be missed.

Vehicle
    1998 Subaru GT-B
    R.i.p..

Vehicle
    nothing right now
    I am so sorry to hear about you father Chris,

This is a little late, but I have not been on the forums in several years (actually surprised I still have a log in and password). Thank you Gaelen for your memory note on MSN (I would have never known otherwise). Its been a really long time since i have been on NWN or seen some of the core people of NWN, but i am sad that Ron passed on. He was a huge influence, always positive, and there was always something to gain from conversations with him, in person or on NWN.

Chris, I know what it is like to be screwed over by insurance companies, and it recently happened to my fiance and I. I would like to help out.

Ron was a amazing guy that brought years of experience and knowledge to the table. RIP...

Ryan

Vehicle
    S13 240sx
    I'm so, so sorry to hear. Thanks for acknowledging my name in your message. It really choked me up to see I was mentioned. Your father was such a special man. He did so many thoughtful and selfless things for others in the car community and undoubtedly in other facets of his life. After my dad died he brought me flowers, a CD and a CD case (which I still use to this day).I regret not having been around the last couple of years to have kept in touch with him. Wow, so hard to believe...

It's interesting. Only a month ago I was organizing some shelves in the garage and ran across the Wizard's Shine Master polish he brought up to the Golden Gardens meet for me. He swore by it and just wanted me to share it with me. I hadn't seen that bottle in years and literally a month ago I ran into it and immediately thought of him. The world works in mysterious ways. We are all so blessed to have known such a kind soul.

Thanks for sharing the news with us all, Chris. Your father leaves behind a legacy.

~Brianna

Quote Originally Posted by LaSombre View Post
    For those of you who may or may not heard,
    NOSDrgster passed away early Monday morning.

My father, Ronald Tucker, really loved being part of the community that is NWN. He enjoyed being a mentor to anyone that wanted to learn, and brought many years of experience that will be sorely missed.

As several members can attest, his willingness to share knowledge, parts, tools, and even a place to eat and sleep will never be matched.

The story of how he came to be part of this community is just like the rest of his life, which is to mean that it is a long and interesting one, for sure.

My dad was a hot-rodder from the old days, growing up with Camaroís, El Caminoís, and Chevelleís. He loved going fast, and he definitely transferred that passion to me. The first time I went over 100 miles an hour, he was driving our 1972 Chevy Suburban that had a 327 corvette motor that had been left over from one of his old hot rods. Talk about a rush! I was only 12 years old, but Iíll never forget the roar of the glasspacks, or the sound of the wind rushing by.

While in the Marines, I was stationed in Okinawa. I owned several Skylines and a Sylvia or two, and when I came back stateside, I purchased a 1991 S-13. Later, I was stationed in Bosnia, so I let my parents borrow my car while I was gone. My father managed to put 30,000 miles on my car in that year! He later told me that it almost broke his heart to give it back to me.
    He eventually purchased his own, and it was a sweet ride. While helping him look for parts, I stumbled on Northwest Nissans. I sent him the link to check it out, and of course, the rest is history.

We drove from California to BC in order to make our first meet. A couple tanks of gas and several cups of coffee were enough to get us there. Anyone remember the double cheeseburgers? California guys KNOW how to BBQ! The friendships that were made that day have meant so much to my Dad, and I have to thank all of you for that. (Alkatraz, Mavro, Walperstyle, MightyMouse, Konkman, Breezy240SX to name a few. I know that I have missed a bunch, and Iím sorry. Family doesnít always have to be by blood, and Iím honored to know all of you!)

My dad had never ridden in a turbo car before, and Mavro gave him a ride in his car. The smile that was on his face when he got out was one of pure enjoyment. (Thanks Gerry!) I later took Konkmanís car for a run up and down the mountainÖ and I swear I scared the daylights out of him. Long live HICAS, right Ben?

Making the import show, and the banquet was another highlight. My dad gave me a hard time, because Vince was hitting on my dateÖ but thatís ok. He canít help himself.

Poor health, and the normal trials of life caused Dad to have to sell his car. The last few years have been rough, as his health faded. His passion for cars did not, and he and I still talked about them on a regular basis. He was very excited about Mavroís electric car, and he even called me to give me the link.
    He was a great husband, loving father, and proud grandfather. I will miss him.

Ronald Dale Tucker
    1/16/1944 Ė 1/11/2010

Christopher Tucker
    mrtucktuck@gmail.com
    ~Brianna

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S13
    R.i.p o.g

On Vacation
    Vehicle
    S14
    Infractions
    0/1 (10)
    Wow, Very sorry to hear! He was a very awesome person as well as a great man to have in our community. He will be missed but never forgotten.

GMD

Vehicle
    96 Maxima DD. 08 STi Weekend car.
    RIP
    The NW has seriously lost a great community member.

Vehicle
    pignose & NA6CE
    R.i.p.

He is one of the only members that I didn't know personally, and I still talk about with friends when recalling the great times of NWN. It was great to be a part of NWN and its community when he was a part of it. Thanks for everything you gave to us when you were still here and be assured it will be with us for years to come.

Much respect to the man and condolences to the family.

Vehicle
    E36
    Sorry that I justheard about your loss Chris, your father was truely an insperation to me, he was one of the greats, My youngest Daughter still has the gift he and your mother sent to her when she was born. his name will be placed in my garage.

RIP Ron Tucker

Club Guest
    My condolences as well, I am sorry for your loss, and every ones loss,

I was lucky enought to hang out with him a few times, once me and Ronald, aka " RON MASATA" were on a trip to Vagas! towing a 240, our transmssion went out in reding ca, we posted up HELP! broke down in cali, anyone? he was there withing 45 minutes with a box of tools and a jack!! we pulled the transmission right there in the off ramp!! had he have not come?
    we still may be to this day stuck in reding on the off ramp! lol

Good times, we will miss you buddy..

Best regards,
    Agatino Fortunato

Vehicle
    2003 Pontiac Montana

Icon4 Chris, my condolences

Apologies for the late reply as I, like some others have not been frequenting the forums as regularly as I had in the past.

Ron will certainly be missed not only as an ideal role model to the club, or as a member who has been with NWN for a long time, but as a true friend to myself and the Nissan community as a whole.

I still remember the day when you and your father made the long haul to Canada. We had a blast at the BBQ and took a stroll back to PDM with a few beers afterward. I still believe it was the longest distance traveled by any member for any meet. It truly is dedication, as I once had driven to Los Angeles for a Nissan meet back in 2002 (I think). I only wish I had known him back then as my car like SpoolinbyYou had a spill of bad luck in Redding as my fuel pump decided to take a dive on the highway, and was towed to the nearest dealership.

I will remember Ron as a kind, generous and extraordinary person always going out of his way to help his fellow NWN'er offering his knowledge, expertise, and services without ever expecting anything in return. Out of the years I was involved with NWN I cannot think of anyone else who was more dedicated to the club and the community.

I can think of countless gestures by him to others and one example I remember quite clearly is when someone had some of his tools stolen from his garage. Mavro, being another dedicated member who was always willing to help out a fellow enthusiast with his knowledge and expertise had posted up that his tools were stolen. This is a great read, have a look:

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ead.php?t=7066

Sent me a PM with your PayPal and I would be glad to contribute.
    Ron will be missed, Rest in Peace

Vehicle
    92' 240sx
    RIP Ron.

He was so knowledgeable on cars, it seemed like he had already done everything and always had an answer for me. As a young teenager, he was my "forum father", explaining things to me, giving me advice, and showing me more patience than I can ever say. NWN owes so much to Ron for all his input and guidance. If his presence here was any indication of who he was, he was a great man! He is already missed.

Vehicle
    R.I.P. RED 98 200SX | 2008.5 Mazda3 GTE
    My condolences,

I remember reading many of his posts too back in the day. He will be missed.

Vehicle
    97 Maxima SE, 05 Magnum RT
    I like many of the other "originals" feel a bit of a loss when I read this and we share in your pain, Chris. I didn't have a lot of interaction with Ron, but I remember some of the information he shared with the community. Such a wealth of information. The world has lost one of the great ones as was mentioned earlier. I think we can all strive to live the life that he was able to.

It's good to know that a lot of you are still out there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast