Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1989 S13 Hatch - Purple's Build.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z

1989 S13 Hatch - Purple's Build.

I bought my car in December 09 from Kami Dori up in Arlington for $1400. I originally wasn't going to start my build thread till I got a more stable job and made a little more money for parts, but I figured I would just post it already to document the work I have done so far. Keep in mind that I still have a tight budget so for a while there wont be many updates, but I will try my best to make it interesting. I am new to Nissans as this is my first one, but I am not new to cars. I have a lot of experience with old trucks and wheeling bronco's. I am definitely looking forward to this build and hoping to learn a lot. The first couple of post will be a recap to what I have done so far to the car. Input and Comments are welcome. Let me know what you think.

To start off here are a few stats on the car when I bought it.

89 240sx hatch.
    KA24DE swap With emissions delete.
    Drilled and slotted rotors, Front & Rear.
    AEM intake.
    255 Fuel pump.

Rear interior swapped to black.
    Everything else was pretty much stock.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    I will finish the recap tomorrow. I am far to tired to right it all up.

Vehicle
    s14
    good start but your prolly gonna get allot of shit for this.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    91 S13 hatch (sold), 93 S13 hatch
    how does she run with that 255 pump...

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    Why am I going to get shit for this? It runs fine with the 255 pump but I have blown 2 fuel hoses so far so they are all double clamped now till I can afford a nice fuel regulator and braided lines.

Vehicle
    S13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    good start but your prolly gonna get allot of shit for this.
    why? its a build thread, it would be pretty sad if he cant post up a build thread without getting shit for it.

not everyone can start out with a s13 with a sr and coils.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89' s13 240sx(Coupe)
    Sweet Car as she sits now man!

what are the main plans for it??

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    The car looks nothing like that anymore I will finish posting all the past work tomorrow, but thank you. The main plan is to focus on suspension and get it track ready. The duel cam is fine for now I want to learn how to drift using that motor so I don't hinder myself by just jumping to a high HP motor. When the time comes however I will probably end up doing an SR swap due to money but my long term goal is an RB or LS.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89' s13 240sx(Coupe)
    First you have the coolest Avatar, didnt notice that hahaaha yea sounds like you know what your gonna be doing so all of us are just going to be here to gawk and drool alittle at it while you post pics..

LSx is the best swap on the planet to me- I think the S-chassis was made for a LS/t56 combo

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    Ok time to recap everything up to where the car sits now. First off after getting it running with a full tune up, plugs, cap& rotor, fuel lines and filter it was time to start finding everything that was missing on the car. Most of it was miscellanies interior pieces or trim but I wanted my car to be complete.

Starting with a Chūki bumper to replace my pignose. Not sure why people like the pignose personally I think its ugly but everyone has their own tastes. Next was to find the rest of the interior in black which I got from Mteehee, who is a great seller by the way.

After replacing everything that was missing it was time to start body work yay.... A decent amount had already been done by Dori so It was just a matter of finishing a few dents and sanding. Unfortunately I never took pictures when I was doing the body work.
    Last edited by xPurplexBeastx; 06-05-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    1996 240sx
    i like your dorifuto stickers on the sides haha . have any planes for it yet ?

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    About 2 1/2 months into the build Everything that was missing had been found and replaced. When I put the last item in I though I would take it for a test drive. After doing one lap in the local HS parking lot I whent to push my clutch pedal in and nothing. My clutch would not disengage and I was leaking fluid I figured I blew a line, so I had my friend tow me back to my shop and when I got it in the air that's when I found this.

As you can see my slave cylinder is fully extended and the pivot fork looks to be bent. 5 hours later and a new found hate for my car I finally got the tranny out and found the problem. The pivot ball for the fork had snapped in half.

After posting it in technical and a little research I found they are prone to breaking when there is excessive clutch kicking i.e. Drifting. So I ordered the replacement from SPL http://www.splparts.com/main4/index.htm. It is forged chromoly so I shouldn't ever have a problem with it breaking again.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    Quote Originally Posted by ztuner34 View Post
    i like your dorifuto stickers on the sides haha . have any planes for it yet ?
    Current plans are to focus on suspension, rollbar, and a nice seat to get it track ready as stated above.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    1996 240sx
    oh my bad didnt read the post haha

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    I had a set of fog light laying around and since the bumper I bought didn't come with the factory grill pieces I decided to fab something up. Starting with a few measurement and a piece of aluminum I made this in a few hours.

Then I decided that the stock horns are way to quiet, so I hooked up some OOGAA horns I had laying around.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast