Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Thread: S13 coupe seats + harness?

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89 S13 hatch

Icon5 S13 coupe seats + harness?

so i'm adding some things to the car and along the list of things ill be adding to the ride a cage and harnesses comes up. the issue i run into with this is i'm a big dude 6'4" and have long legs so i would really prefer to keep the stock coupe seats i have in my hatch for the low sitting height.

so i was wondering if anyone has had issues with using 3" 5pt harnesses (im thinking crow's) with stock seats.

before the cage comments come flying im getting one properly made, i sent bhill a PM today about it. I'm open to suggestions on other cage fabricators and harnesses so let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance.

heres a example of the cage i'm looking to get fabricated
    Last edited by paracitic; 04-01-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Vehicle
    s13
    Cage + stock seats = bad idea. If you're going to get a rollbar and harnesses then get a fixed bucket.

Why are you putting a rollbar in the car in the first place, though?
    "How do I reach these keedz"

Vehicle
    S13 coupe
    Cage + Harness + Stock seats = retarded and unsafe.

Look int buying a nice bucket seat. Custom modify a low seat rail, or search around for a aftermarket one. Dont cheap out and cost yourself safety

Vehicle
    s13

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89 S13 hatch
    i'm getting to the higher end of 400whp and have decided to put my bonus into aesthetics/safety apposed to more drivetrain mods. my origional plan was to rock the stock seats until i returned from first deployment and grab two bride lowmax's but reading that thread i'm not putting safety on the line to fanboy it up with harnesses.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89 S13 hatch
    anyone have any opinions on some good LOW not $5000 bucket seats or a skilled cage fabricator?

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S13 93 240sx
    go jump off a cliff

Vehicle
    s13
    If you can fit in the narrow jdm-sized seats (bride etc), then you can use the off-the-shelf bride/nams/nagisa sidemount rails. If you don't fit (which, given your height I suspect you don't), then you need a wider seat like a Sparco Evo 2 or Evo 2 Plus (probably a Plus given your height). Those seats do not fit with the off-the-shelf rails, so youl will need to have a custom side-mount rail fabricated.

Position1 in Bremerton does phenomenal cage work, but it's not necessarily cheap. They can build you seat rails, as well.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    89 S13 hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFTIT View Post
    go jump off a cliff
    way to be productive.

Quote Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
    If you can fit in the narrow jdm-sized seats (bride etc), then you can use the off-the-shelf bride/nams/nagisa sidemount rails. If you don't fit (which, given your height I suspect you don't), then you need a wider seat like a Sparco Evo 2 or Evo 2 Plus (probably a Plus given your height). Those seats do not fit with the off-the-shelf rails, so youl will need to have a custom side-mount rail fabricated.

Position1 in Bremerton does phenomenal cage work, but it's not necessarily cheap. They can build you seat rails, as well.
    i actually do fit in the slimmer seats ima pretty skinny guy, the issue i am running into is my head gets so close to the roof in most seats, but it sounds like some sidemount or custom rails will fix that? thank you e1 you've been very helpful.

Vehicle
    s13
    Well if you fit then the low mount rails will get you the lowest. Usually the trick is that you have to have the seat tilted back a bit to give the extra headroom.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    I was looking at getting a Sparco evo 2 seat because I hate the stock s13 seats being a bigger guy. But looking at all of these threads I think I will hold off until I can afford the whole package, and maybe wait till I have a new daily driver. Btw lots of good info, thank you for sharing it all.

Vehicle
    s13
    Highly highly recommend getting the seat, just realize that you will have to have a rail custom made. I've had evo 2 in my car for the last 3 years, and I'm putting in Evo 2 Plus in the next couple of weeks.

The seat is ok without the harnesses (though I do at least recommend s14 belts; I was a late adopter of them), but the roll bar + harness are not ok without the seat.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    77 280z
    If that is the case I may look into getting the seat again, getting a custom rail is no prob, dads friend welds for a living so I am sure he can fab something up for me. I was also already looking into s14 belts since my auto belts are going out, and its annoying as hell when you have to wait to get in the car since they are so slow.