The results are hidden 0%
  • Mat Rodger

• Andrew Coomes

• Rob Primo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NWN's Evergreen Pro-Am Contest Vote!!! Polls close May 3!

Vehicle
    RPS13 w/ blktop
    Blog Entries

NWN's Evergreen Pro-Am Contest Vote!!! Polls close May 3!

Mike Phillips aka randomtek
    * Hey I'm Mike Phillips, I'm 22 And I would like to think "I Am
    The Northwest's Best Amateur Nissan Driver"

* Experience - I have been drifting at local tracks since 2007, I
    did the HOT Portland nights drift demo at PIR. Showdown
    USA in the Tacoma dome. 2 Evergreen drift seasons (placing 7th after
    missing one event and getting 3rd place at the opener, then after some
    major car issues in the 2nd season I wasn't able to compete much or do
    well) South sound speedway drift days. Portland drift days.

* History with NWN/community - I have been a Member of NWN since
    2006 and I've been in the Nissan world since 2005.

* Current Sponsors - I don't have any paying sponsors currently,
    KP race engineering and Position 1 are my sponsors as far as parts
    pricing and labor goes.

* How will you promote and represent NWN? - I plan on having Jacob
    Levington shoot my car in July for a Magazine spread, I will also be
    teaching at the evergreen and Bremerton drift schools, I also plan on
    going to the pro-am nationals this season (if I do well) and hopefully
    drive in formula d next season. I will be running the car at all
    evergreen events and demos this season, also running at PGP Pacific
    raceways, South Sound and Bremerton.

* Car (must be a Nissan) - 89 240sx (GRABBER BRUE) 428HP 372TQ
    Formula D Legal SR20 powered beast of a NISSAN!

* Link to Car Picture -

it was a little while ago....

Zack Geng aka zack geng

Zack Geng.

Experience
    2 years.
    Starting off with local cell block d events than moving on to evergreen speedway last year.
    History with NWN/community
    I've been a member since 05 03 2007, and attend meets and gatherings.
    Current Sponsors
    tdd designs.
    How will you promote and represent NWN?
    Support them on my car and be a presentable driver on and off the track as well as on the forums.
    Car (must be a Nissan)
    1990 240sx
    rb20det rb25turbo gtr injectors at 16psi hitting 280 rwhp
    full jic suspension and megan components.
    18" Work Euroline NS.

Link to Car Pictures
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rcusedit3.jpg]

Skyvia aka wyatt Sloan

Most of my drifting experience is from last year. I went to about 9 events at Evergreen Speedway, and one down in Bremerton. I did a couple way back in the day with VDS but had financial troubles for a few years so I never pursued it until recently. The car I was using last year is no more but I have a few videos of one of the events up on Vimeo here: http://www.vimeo.com/10945245. My new car is this: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink. It's got a SCCA legal cage with an SR with a GT28RS and some other goodies. My car last year was basically stock, just running more boost and 4.625 gears. I'm in the process of making my new car FD legal so I can compete in the ProAm series this year and I plan on making it to all the events at Evergreen Speedway this year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the first open drift, but the car is almost ready and will be ready for sure by May 7th.

I've been a part of NWN for the last seven years, but I don't post all that often. I try to post only when I think I'm actually adding something to the tread. I've been to all the Golden Garden events except for the one this year and I go to local meets when I have the time to do so.

I currently have no sponsors.

I represent NWN and the community by being a responsible Nissan owner. I don't mess around on the streets and encourage others to go to the track. I always say that nothing compares to being on a track (and it doesn't).

Thank you for your consideration,

Wyatt Sloan

Picture:

Video:
    <object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10945245&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10945245&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/10945245">Evergreen Speedway 9-13-2009</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2311817">Wyatt Sloan</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

DarkSky90 aka Mat Rodger

Experience - In 2004, Mat purchased his R32 Skyline, wanting a change from the typical car of the time. While attending the 2005 Falken Tire Drift Showoff his interest in drifting peaked. He liked the idea of going from point A to point B sideways as fast as possible, but this new interest was not as mainstream as it is today, and for him it was kind of hard to get into. Mat and his good friend Ian met Trent at The Skyline Shop, and the started talking about drifting. He also formed an interest for this sport, and was discussing running events. He told Mat and Ian about Drift Safari, and they can rely on each other to explore becoming competitive. This started the pushing of Drift Safari as a competitive team.

In 2006, CellBlock D in Aggasiz was developed out of the need for a cheap safe place to practice with a lot of hard work from Trent, and the assistance of the team. Mat started drifting on the track in early 2007, where he really pushed himself to drift well. He kept pushing himself to the point of wanting to compete. Mat started drifting at new venues, such as Pacific Raceways and Evergreen Speedway. In 2008 he competed in the points events at Evergreen Speedway, and was awarded 11th place out of 90+ drivers.

During the off-season, Mat prepared for more competition by upgrading his car to a Forumal D Spec cage. In the 2009 season, Mat continued to improve as a driver, focusing on improving his tandem and competitive drifting. He competed in the Evergreen Drift Series, where he qualified 4th and 2nd for 2 of the competitions, and consistently earned a place in the top 16 competitions. Mat was also on hand to help out other team mates whenever possible, from being a support for Trent and Ian at the Seattle Pro Am, to being Ian's crew chief at the Formula D Pro Am Nationals. For the 2010 drift season, Mat has upgraded his power plant to a Toyota 2JZ, and has readied himself for 5/8's competition.

History with NWN/community - Mat has been an avid reader, and supporter of NWN's forums, and events, including the Golden Gardens meets, as well as the local drift events.

Current Sponsors - Work Wheels JapanDrivers Edge Autosports
    How will you promote and represent NWN? As a NWN sponsored driver, I will represent the Nissan community and the Northwest in a professional and friendly manner, as I do for all my sponsors, and team mates. Part of being a professional driver, is the attitude, without a good attitude you will not get very far with media or other drivers. I am always willing to help out a fellow driver, or share some tips with beginners, sharing the years of drifting experience, hoping that they too can enjoy the sport that has become close to my heart.

Car (must be a Nissan) - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTSFull specs http://driftsafari.com/team/mat

Pics:

More pics on http://driftsafari.com/team/mat

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9246485&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9246485&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

ajcdrift aka Andrew Coomes

I have attached my 2010 sponsorship proposal as well, to give you something more appetizing to look over . Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Name: Andrew Coomes (ajcdrift.com)

Experience:
    2008:
    Every Drift Invasion event at PIR other than the full track day
    1 Evergreen Drift event
    4 SCCA Drift events
    Smackdown (drift & autocross)
    5 autocross events
    1 rallycross event
    2009:
    Nearly every Evergreen Drift event; top 32 in round 1 (with friend's KA s13), 2nd in round 2, top 8 in rounds 3 & 4
    Las Vegas FD ProAm Qualifier (finished 4th)
    Evergreen ProAm Qualifier (top 8)
    FD ProAm National Championship - 17th (one spot from earning my FD pro license)
    1 SCCA Drift event
    Smackdown (drag & drift), judged drift
    2010:
    Xtreme Drift Circuit (XDC) round 1 - Irwindale
    Golden Gardens 2010
    SCCA Drift School this weekend
    The rest of my planned events for this year are listed on my sponsorship proposal.

History with NWN/Community:

In 2007 I went to my first Formula Drift event up at Evergreen Speedway and fell in love. I decided that I wanted to be a professional drifter more than anything else, and started heading down the path which would eventually bring me to where I am now; a ProAm driver on the brink of becoming a professional.
    I started a weekly meet at the local Sonic drive-in, and formed my car club Touge Spec in early 2008 from the people who came regularly. We were to be a multi-sport club, and participate in drift, autocross, rallycross and whatever else interested us. We ended up going to Smackdown later that year and placing 4th overall.
    My fellow club members were used to helping me out at the Drift Invasion events, so when I came up to Evergreen for my first competition I had 6 non-driving friends with me for various types of support; extra hands in the pit, a coach/crew chief and media. We had a great time, and from that experience my pit crew was born.
    Moving on to 2009, I purchased Chris Jeanneret's old car; a caged & SR'd 240 with some nice goodies in it. It was a good, competitive base to start from, though there were many weak areas which we strengthened throughout the season. In my first competition driving the new chassis (my 4th competition ever) I took 2nd! Things progressed quickly from there, and I nearly earned my pro license that year.

Throughout my "driving career" I've been active on the forums and tried to help where I could. I listened and read as much as I could, because I was on the fast track and didn't really know anything about cars before 2008! I hadn't even changed my oil before my first drift event! Over the past two years I have gained at least a modest knowledge of the various workings of a car (Though I still have much to learn!). Much of that knowledge was garnered through both HR.net and NWN; two very helpful sources of information. I've tried to be a positive influence on the forums and use them for their intended purpose; helping out people who require assistance, learning about cars, looking up events and buying & selling items.

Last year I found out about Golden Gardens too late, but this year I made it a point to drive up there. I was able to unload my car and show it off to people, which was a lot of fun. I even bought and sold a couple of items while I was there! People flocked around my car when I brought it in, and everyone loved hearing the engine rev a bit. Unfortunately many had left by the time I unloaded my car off the trailer, but I was still able to gather a crowd of 20-30 people.

Current Sponsors:

Photo Finish Media
    K&N
    PSI
    MAXXIS Tires
    F Records
    GoPro

How will you promote and represent NWN?

I have a page dedicated to sponsorship in my proposal which gives a full list of benefits, plus a piece outlining sponsor relationships.

I will promote and represent NWN with the utmost respect and professionalism. I love the forum and community, and I believe I am an example of what can happen when you use the forums to learn and become a part of the community.

Car (Must be a Nissan):
    1991 Nissan 240SX - I can give you a current full part list if necessary, and there is a basic part list in my proposal as well

Link to car picture:

Video: AJC promo video
    <object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4869835&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4869835&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Cheers!

Andrew Coomes
    ajcdrift.com

Primo aka Rob Primo

Here is my car sponsorship proposal. I will be competing in round 1,4, and 5 of EG Pro-AM. I am missing round 2 and 3 because of working in Alaska. Here is a proposal that I have. If I am selected as the winner of this then you can give my entry fees for round 2 and 3 to another driver who got second place. You know what I provide to NWN. I don't call out people or make anyone feel bad on there. I have been around NWN since 2002. I attended the first GG meet when I was the only SR'd S14. I will continue to be around for a long time to come. I am helping run events at several tracks.

My current Sponsors (none of which pay my entry fees)

Garage Autohero
    Fusion Graphixx
    John Reed Racing
    Snopac Inc.

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ad.php?t=83287

Just wanted to give my driving history and a little something about me. If a mod could put this in my section I would appreciate it.

My name is Rob Primo. I am currently a Graduate Student at Western Washington University where I am graduating in June with my Masters in Business. I got into drifting back in 2003 when I competed in the first Washington State drift event. I then road tripped to Irwindale speedway in August of 2003 for the first professional drifting even in the United States. I sat trackside and had bits of tire thrown on me for 7 hours. I have been hooked ever since. My father was a mechanic at a younger age and he ended up teaching me about cars. He never that that he would create such a monster. I am a very passionate person. When I get involved in something I fully commit. I have worked in Alaska as a commercial fisherman for a month every summer for the last 13 years. Even though it is incredibly hard I am thankful for this job because the money I make pays for my schooling and funds my racing addiction. I take this sport incredibly seriously and feel privileged to compete with such great people. Last year was incredibly hard for me because my race car was still being rebuilt. In a season where many drivers that I have driven with and have even beaten at times acquired their Formula D Professional License, instead I had to compete in the car I drive daily. However my Race Car is ready for this season as am I. I won't accept anything less than acquiring my Formula D Professional License. I take pride in drifting a beautiful car. When I crash it, I fix it and come back stronger. Many people would choose to just baby a car like mine and show it off at car shows. I would much rather push the car past its limits and mine.

Driving History

2003-
    Chuckanut Sports Car Club Auto X - Bellingham, WA. - 4 Events
    Torque Steerers Gymkhana - Everett, WA. - 1 Event

Drifterz Inc. - 1 event
    Vancouver Drifters Society - Vancouver B.C. - 3 Events

Vancouver Drifters Society - Vancouver B.C. - 3 Events

Evergreen Drift Events - Monroe, WA. - 3 Events
    Driftfest - Portland, OR. - 2 Day Event
    South Sound Speedway Open Drift - Tenino, WA. - 1 Event
    Unnatural Gymkhana - Portland, WA. - 1 Event
    Torque Steerers Private Drift Day - Bremerton, WA. - 1 Event

Evergreen Drift Events - Monroe, WA. - 10 Events
    Unnatural Drift - Portland, OR. - 3 Events
    1st Place at June 2 Evergreen Drift Events
    2nd Place at Evergreen Drift Season Championship

SCCA Drift School Instructor
    Evergreen Drift Event - Monroe, WA. - 11 Events
    Unnatural Drift - Portland, OR. - 2 Events
    SCCA Drift - Bremerton, WA. - 3 Events
    2nd Place at 1st Round Evergreen Drift Competition
    1st Place at 3rd Round Evergreen Drift Competition
    3rd Place Overall for Evergreen Drift Season out of 94 drivers

Competed season in Backup "Street" Car

SCCA Drift School Instructor
    Evergreen Drift Event - Monroe, WA - 13 Events
    SCCA Drift - Bremerton, WA. - 2 Events
    8th Place Overall for Evergreen Drift Season out of 59 drivers

Pics of my S14

Video:
    <object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1874735&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1874735&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Nate; 04-27-2010 at 11:17 PM.

RIP Ron Tucker (NOSdrgster) 1944-2010, Gone but never forgotten

Vehicle
    Z31 300zx
    wow ... don't know who to vote for at this point ....
    NWN Moderator
    Z31Performance.com member
    FertilePower on XboxLive

Vehicle
    S13
    Blog Entries
    my south sound link - it was a little while ago....

Vehicle
    VQvia
    Infractions
    0/1 (0)
    I believe Rob Primo is the driver I would want to represent NWN, Very nice guy, smooth and responsible driver and has is one of the Original Original's. Good Luck on the 2010 Season to everyone though!

Vehicle
    1990 R32
    quick little edit we did..

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9246485&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9246485&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/9246485">Mat Promo video</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1022393">Brayden Wiebe</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Vehicle
    Z31 300zx
    vote cast!
    NWN Moderator
    Z31Performance.com member
    FertilePower on XboxLive

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    180sx and S14
    No offense to any of the other guys but I would also have to say Rob Primo. Been in and around the scene for a longtime, 1st class individual and proven driving skills with a dope ride to match.

Many props to all the other drivers as well and best of luck to all at competing in the Pro-Am.

Cheers,
    Matt McCoy

*See you all next year!

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    RPS13
    Wow, sad that I don't know any of these guys. Damn I need to go to more drift events and car events, lol.

Vehicle
    Y33
    Outside line Mike! Scrub. Vote casted =]

Vehicle
    S14
    Blog Entries
    Thanks and here are a couple pics if you could add as well.

Pics of my S14

Vehicle
    RPS13 w/ blktop
    Blog Entries
    Keep the votes coming guys! It's a solid race right now and we're only 60 votes in!

RIP Ron Tucker (NOSdrgster) 1944-2010, Gone but never forgotten

Vehicle
    S13 w/ Silvia conversion
    Here is one of my car from last year:

Thank you to everyone who is voting for me!

I mentioned my sponsorship proposal in the application, so here is a link for anyone interested:
    AJC Sponsorship Proposal
    Please check it out!

Vehicle
    s13 hatch
    ajc, mat rodgers, rob primo, any of these guys will rep the NW hard.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    r32 gts
    all these would represent nw in a good way...good luck to all

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast