Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evergreen Drift - Round 1 - 5/1/11

Vehicle
    FC3S
    Event was a failure. No car show except for a group of cars who paid to park inside. No pit passes available unless you were on a drivers "team" and maybe 2 pro-am drivers. Kudos to the few grassroots guys who killed it out there, but other then that from a spectator's view it was pretty lame. Suggestions to get more people in the seats for these events: Put together an organized car show/meet when you advertise it as so, aquire better insurance so spectators can view pit area.

Vehicle
    Z31 300zx
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPDRIFTING View Post
    Event was a failure. No car show except for a group of cars who paid to park inside. No pit passes available unless you were on a drivers "team" and maybe 2 pro-am drivers. Kudos to the few grassroots guys who killed it out there, but other then that from a spectator's view it was pretty lame.
    Ok I see YOUR frustration....but lets get your facts right:

1. Event was a success from the Evergreen staff standpoint--went pretty close to how we wanted it to go.

2. Yes the car show was smaller than expected BUT, did you offer to enter your car or any car for that matter?

3. This isn't an open drift so there are different rules in place to keep things running smooth in the pits (meaning no non-essential personel)

4. There were WAY more than "maybe 2 proam drivers", and there was a FULL grassroots field.

5. The view from trackside was amazing.....maybe you'd like to be in the middle of the action next time to get a better view? (PM me)

I'm not saying this just because, I'm telling you this to make you aware of what is REALLY happening.

Everyone that drove, volunteered and help staff the event .... I give you mad props and if I could afford it ... a drink on me!
    NWN Moderator
    Z31Performance.com member
    FertilePower on XboxLive

Vehicle
    s13 coupe
    I had a fantastic time at the event yesterday. Things went smoothly and all of the drivers put on a great show! I had a really good time watching some of the newer Grassroots drivers progress so quickly from practice up into their competition runs.

Phenomenal job, everyone!

Oh, and grassroots guys... Moooore cages for more tandem! I'd love that!

Vehicle
    FC3S
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo69 View Post
    Ok I see YOUR frustration....but lets get your facts right:

1. Event was a success from the Evergreen staff standpoint--went pretty close to how we wanted it to go.

2. Yes the car show was smaller than expected BUT, did you offer to enter your car or any car for that matter?

3. This isn't an open drift so there are different rules in place to keep things running smooth in the pits (meaning no non-essential personel)

4. There were WAY more than "maybe 2 proam drivers", and there was a FULL grassroots field.

5. The view from trackside was amazing.....maybe you'd like to be in the middle of the action next time to get a better view? (PM me)

I'm not saying this just because, I'm telling you this to make you aware of what is REALLY happening.

Everyone that drove, volunteered and help staff the event .... I give you mad props and if I could afford it ... a drink on me!
    I'm sure it was way better track side, i'm just giving you the perspective from someone outside the box who drove up to see a pro-am event/ car show. The flyer was a little mis-leading is all.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    Th
    I'm sure it was way better track side, i'm just giving you the perspective from someone outside the box who drove up to see a pro-am event/ car show. The flyer was a little mis-leading is all.
    Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way from seattle. Hit me up next time and I will personally give you a piggy-back ride to the event so that you do not feel cheated.

Pro-am is expensive to run in, it takes a while for everyone to finish their cars. Feel free to slap one together and come help fill out the field.

I think that It went great, the track stayed active all day long.

Grassroots guys did AWESOME! There were even several rb20 cars out there that killed it! The red e30, cressida with 7mgte and the mustang were really interesting to watch, each had great style and line.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    stupid little car
    Event was a failure. No car show except for a group of cars who paid to park inside. No pit passes available unless you were on a drivers "team" and maybe 2 pro-am drivers. Kudos to the few grassroots guys who killed it out there, but other then that from a spectator's view it was pretty lame. Suggestions to get more people in the seats for these events: Put together an organized car show/meet when you advertise it as so, aquire better insurance so spectators can view pit area.
    no offense but do you have any idea the ammount of work, planning, organizing, it takes to run these events??? Not to mention the rest of the full season planning. If you expected Formula D then sorry man your just not gonna pack that many people there to watch a bunch of ammatures (not yet atleast the sport is still growing) Now if you have some resonable well thought out ideas, you can send them to, or talk to anyone of the EvergreenDrift officials like myself.

Vehicle
    FC3S
    Quote Originally Posted by 240Hatch View Post
    no offense but do you have any idea the ammount of work, planning, organizing, it takes to run these events??? Not to mention the rest of the full season planning. If you expected Formula D then sorry man your just not gonna pack that many people there to watch a bunch of ammatures (not yet atleast the sport is still growing) Now if you have some resonable well thought out ideas, you can send them to, or talk to anyone of the EvergreenDrift officials like myself.
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone that runs the show, my apologies. As a spectator I was disappointed yesterday and was just expressing that. Kudos to those who volunteer and put in their time to help out.

Vehicle
    s13 coupe
    ^I think people are just reacting to your use of the word 'failure'. From the standpoint of a spectator and judge, I thought the event was a huge success. Awesome range of skill levels, types of cars, and very little down time. Great coordination overall.

Feedback is important, though.

Vehicle
    RPS13 w/ blktop
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone that runs the show, my apologies. As a spectator I was disappointed yesterday and was just expressing that. Kudos to those who volunteer and put in their time to help out.
    or you could just offer to help out instead of complaining... just a thought

RIP Ron Tucker (NOSdrgster) 1944-2010, Gone but never forgotten

Vehicle
    S13 HB
    We'd definitely like to see a bigger turnout. We have to keep in mind that this was the first event and there were a lot of ProAm guys that couldn't make this one but will make the next.

There is also more in store for the next event.

It's just going to keep getting bigger and better every event!

Vehicle
    FC3S
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelen View Post
    or you could just offer to help out instead of complaining... just a thought

Please explain how I was "complaining".......Sorry I didn't know people's opinion or experience "feedback" at these shows weren't welcome or accepted. Next time i'll just keep my shitty experience to myself.

Vehicle
    S13 HB
    Please explain how I was "complaining".......Sorry I didn't know people's opinion or experience "feedback" at these shows weren't welcome or accepted. Next time i'll just keep my shitty experience to myself.
    Feedback is good. We need to hear these kinds of things! It's just hard to hear negative feedback sometimes. But we still want to know what you think! It will help us improve.

Vehicle
    VQvia
    Infractions
    0/1 (0)
    I know I had fun yesterday haha! Thanks to all the officials, judges and volunteers for putting on the show! It's a ton of work. I do hope more guys can one of these days get roll cages welded up and hit up some more tandem, but it's just money. I know I could use more practice on the bank tandems. Great to see everyone again and stretch the drift legs, see ya at the next round =D

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    Kouki S14 240sx
    personally i thought yesterday was hellllllaaa fun. never been to evergreen before but i really like the track. great drifting all day its cool to see the different levels of drifting out there.

where do i find pics and such of the event?

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S13 240
    How did the Red 350Z wreck? Unfortunately I was looking away when it happened. Glad he was ok though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast