Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to dirt bike in vancouver?

Vehicle
    R32 GTS-T

Where to dirt bike in vancouver?

anyone know any trails that i can go dirt biking on this weekend in greater vancouver? (the closer to vancouver, the better, but willing to go to chilliwack)

i bought it about 2 weeks ago, but havn't found anywhere decent to go. and i really don't wanna go to the island to do it. anyone know a good place?

Vehicle
    Kouki, GSXR 750 & R50
    Stave Lake in Mission B.C.

need directions PM me and I'll hook ya up.

just go up that road that you gotta go past that booth first right

havent been there lately, waiting for the sand bars to be useable
    2 seater, 4 cylinder, n0 grip

My Photo Album's

SPARCO speed, 17" enkei, GAB, SPL, B&M, Tanabe, Espelir. Aurora, homemade

behind silvercity in richmond.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S14 Zenki, 03 cbr f4i
    theres some small trail just above westwood plateau gold course in coquitlam. other than that, i usually just headed out to like cultas or mission.

what bike did you buy ??

what type of riding are you looking for ?? track-like ? trails ??

Vehicle
    R32 GTS-T
    yeah i heard about the one above westwood plateau. is that one worth going to? cause it's also kind of far, so i don't wanna go if it's a short trail

i'm just looking to ride on trails and mountain sides, not tracks or anyhting

i got a 2002 YZ 125

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S14 Zenki, 03 cbr f4i
    nice bike! a buddy of mine let me use his 92 yz125 for a while that was resleeved, and new reeds. it was quick, light and agile but i found it a lil too under powered for me. I like to be scared on my bikes lol. Man I need a 250cc. Still a fun size bike.

above the golf course isn’t bad. Its been a few yrs since ive been up that way but there is some decent trail type of riding. A lot of 4x4’s go up that way. Theres like 3 water sheds up that way. The only thing is that there’s a main gate next to the golf course and the nearby residence like to lock it … they’re no suppose to as it’s the only entrance for the park area and to the sheds but they do it cause they don’t like all the traffic from the 4x4-ers. Its really funny when they lock the 4x4-ers in cause when they want to leave… they RAM the gate with their 2-3 ton truck with a BIG bush bar on it lol. (haven’t whit nessed it but my bro told me a few stories). Back to the topic… there’s lots of little trails up that way that even mountain bikers use. The 4x4 trails will be a lot longer but it would be easier riding. You should see if you can get a map of the area showing the logging roads from the library.

theres a track in ladner I think Ive been to it but I dont really know where it is exactly

Vehicle
    R32 GTS-T
    heh, man ramming that gate is bad. that's a nice area so i don't want to do anything there that i'm not supposed to and get arrested

i think i'm gunna take MR240sx's advice and go to stave lake. but do they allowed dirt bikes there? or do people just go there anyway? (same question about above westwood plateau)

(btw, 250's are too much power for me haha, both my feet wont touch the ground on any 250's i've seen)

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S14 Zenki, 03 cbr f4i
    you are allowed above westwood (at least i havnt herd ever of it being illegal) ... just that for some stupid reason a gate was put in when the golf course was built. and the other stupid thing is that its the only access to the park land (where all the trails are).

theres other small areas up there that dont require you to use the gate...

Vehicle
    R32 GTS-T
    is that gate you're talking about on como lake road? cause i think i know what you're talking about, but that's in port moody. (i'm not entirely sure where westwood is)

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S14 Zenki, 03 cbr f4i
    no.. theres 2 mountains to coquitlam. como lake rd is on the opposite mountain of the golf course. the gate is like 5 min above coquitlam mall. just find your way to the 9 hole part of the golf course, then go past it towards the 18 hole/country club house and there is a gate on a wierd corner. ill show it to you if you need to! lol i live like 2 min away.

Vehicle
    Yugo in rainbow colors
    Hey mini don, do you know on the way to the Belcara park there is a road to BC Hydro and on the way there they gated up a course for dirt biking. It's very nice out there, lots of mountains just like he wanted.
    It is off Ioco road in Port Moody.

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S14 Zenki, 03 cbr f4i
    cool. i havent gone on any trails that have actually led me down to the actual lake, but ive gone to some looks outs above it. theres a trail that you can take right by another hydro station next (west side) of the golf course) that will take you to a lookout. its really short. apparently theres alot of mountain bikeing trails up there but i dont have a bike anymore so i cant go look.

Vehicle
    R32 GTS-T
    Originally posted by Orbitronio
    Hey mini don, do you know on the way to the Belcara park there is a road to BC Hydro and on the way there they gated up a course for dirt biking. It's very nice out there, lots of mountains just like he wanted.
    It is off Ioco road in Port Moody.

hey cool, is it a big yellow gate? cause i think that's the one i'm thinking of. bc hydro is the big building right off of the roud-about on of ioco right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast