Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Thread: R32 GT-R Seats in a S13

Vehicle
    '91 RPS13, Kouki Faced '95 S14

R32 GT-R Seats in a S13

For everyone who own or have experience in R32 GT-R seats:

How satisfied are you?

This is the story... Currently, I'm deployed, however, it won't be too much longer before I come back home (God be willing). So, I've put together my "shopping list" of things to get for Yuuku, my car, when I get back. Amongst those things were reclinable racing seats (Sparco Monza), but I was browsing through ebay.com and found a pair of R32 fronts and thought, well, those look neat... so, temptation got the best of me and now I'm just wondering how ya'll like those seats. I've ridden in some S14 SE seats, and I liked those a lot... but the R32 seats looked like they hold really well.

All of your input would be greatly appreciated

here's a pic of the seats

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S13
    deployed = unemployed?

I've heard nothing but good things about those seats. I've ridden in one before and compared to my leather seats, the r32 seats were way better (but then most are). Gripped your ass way better

Vehicle
    Nike
    Quote Originally Posted by nobs_86 View Post
    deployed = unemployed?
    huh? No, he's in Iraq.

Hey flying monkey, I remember seeing your car when I first got to Ft. Lewis a year ago. I don't know if you remember seeing my white hatch sitting in the 1-14 Cav parking lot around this time last year. You got a nice 240 btw.

I've sat in these before, but that was with the seats uninstalled. Definitely a better seat than stock and more comfortable than the traditional bucket seats. I just don't know if they sit lower or higher than stock S13 seats.

Vehicle
    93 S13, 04 WRX STI, 06 CBR600 F4i
    We had those in my S13, we got them from UPgarage when our interior was stolen. Keep in mind 3 of the 4 bolt holes line up so you will need a bracket to secure it if your even thinking about racing. Also they are big seats and ride high, so you'll definately sit higher. They barely fit, but man they were comfortable. We traded them for some silvia seats which matched all fittings and still had lumbar support, height adjustment, recline, and f/B adjustment. Good luck and be safe out there.

Vehicle
    '91 RPS13, Kouki Faced '95 S14
    Hey flying monkey, I remember seeing your car when I first got to Ft. Lewis a year ago. I don't know if you remember seeing my white hatch sitting in the 1-14 Cav parking lot around this time last year. You got a nice 240 btw.
    Ya... I remember seeing your car... my motor-pool (4-6 Air Cav) is/was down the street. You've got a nice hatch too. Thanks.

I've heard nothing but good things about those seats. I've ridden in one before and compared to my leather seats, the r32 seats were way better (but then most are). Gripped your ass way better
    We had those in my S13, we got them from UPgarage when our interior was stolen. Keep in mind 3 of the 4 bolt holes line up so you will need a bracket to secure it if your even thinking about racing. Also they are big seats and ride high, so you'll definately sit higher. They barely fit, but man they were comfortable. We traded them for some silvia seats which matched all fittings and still had lumbar support, height adjustment, recline, and f/B adjustment. Good luck and be safe out there.
    Thanks everyone for your input!

Vehicle
    65 Chrysler, 84 F250, 90 Jetta
    Infractions
    0/1 (10)
    I loved the feel of the stock GTR seats. You should be able to pick em up for $500-$800 pending where and condition.

Vehicle
    Barbie Jeep
    Sat in seats like these and it felt good very grippy

Club Guest
    Vehicle
    S13
    even with lower seat rails, do they sit higher than stock seats?

Vehicle
    65 Chrysler, 84 F250, 90 Jetta
    Infractions
    0/1 (10)
    ^uh, stock seat rails they fit fine, about even I found. 1 bolt doesnt line up though.

hence if you have lower rails, chances are it will be lower.

Search function on this site covers a lot of this conversation back in like 2003 lol