Remove these ads,
become a Club Member

Thread: SR swap mechanic in west WA?

Club Guest

SR swap mechanic in west WA?

Well, I think my KA is about to go. I wound it out on Capital Peak and on the way back, I got a pretty good oil leak and a heavy vibration coming from the engine. I think its time to do the SR swap.

I need a mechanic or someone who is familiar with the SR swap in Western WA or OR (northern) to tear out the KA and Swap in an SR red top from a clip (for money of course). must be able to complete the swap i.e. wiring, etc.

Anyone have suggestions? How about problems to keep an eye out for in the swap?

ILikeBacon will do it for money im sure.
    I will be performing a swap towards summer with another member, you could always join us and make it a SR gang b!@#. :P

Club Guest
    Ilikebacon do the swap before? where's he at (town)? Sounds like the "circle" swap would be cool. teach all of us the same time so we may show others after. wait. sounds like amway!

Anyone close to Olympia or Tacoma?

ILikeBacon has done at least two. Hes in Bremerton. He did mine about a year and half ago.

Club Guest
    how did it work out for you? any glitches and how long did it take until it was driving?

Well I bought it running from his friend, but ILikeBacon did it with his friend and his friend did it in kind of a hurry. Its been running pretty much the whole time (except for a turbo rebuild), and ive fixed about everything that I could find that was wrong. Only thing left to fix is the TPS, I never thought it could run without one but meh.

As for an redtop into an S13, that wouldnt really be a problem. The one I will attempt to pull off with my friend and some other board members is an S14 SR into an S14. We'll see how it goes.

Vehicle
    S13/sc300/versa/truck
    pm him and nismo_madness. i live around the corner from them so either way im sure i can get the message to them if ur interested.

Club Guest
    Well make sure you keep me on your hot list when your gonna do it. I'll buy the beer, wine, pop, kool-aid, whatever the drink of choice is. Appreciate the help.

BTW...How long did it take to do the swap... day, 2 days, ?

Club Guest
    VuDuDoc...

Yeah, if you can ask them sometime, that would be great. Its lookinging realistically around end of July/beginning of August from the time that I order it around the end of June.

PM me if you find out. Thanks.

good stuff. ilovebacon and i took 2 weeks to install my redtop into the s13 chassis. not to mention the extra labor we had to do by pulling out the sr off of the frontclip and tossing it in my car. zero problem was discovered after the first startup.

Vehicle
    Lexus SC300/Nissan S14
    Infractions
    0/2 (13)
    Jessel, its iLikeBacon not LOVE... :P

Ohh and you need to steal that wire/pin removing tool from your work. DONT FORGET!! i dont wanna pay for one..lol

oh my bad iLuVeBaCoN. i almost forgot your screen name, you barely logged on.

I:loveBaCoN